Job Opening: Construction Superintendent – Residential (Long Term)
We are seeking Construction Superintendents to run projects and grow with us. The ideal candidate will be articulate and professional, with a history of completing projects on time and under budget. Our Superintendents are expected to monitor and control every aspect of the job from overseeing subs to managing the schedule and labor. Primary responsibilities include daily management of the site, documentation (RFI’s, Submittals, photo documentation), scheduling and relationships (Subs, internal employees). This position will report to the Construction Manager, and will work closely with our in-house Architectural Team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS / BA in Construction Management, or combination of formal education and work experience.
- Education should include coursework in Carpentry, Shop, Mechanical Drawing, Safety, and Mathematics.
- 7 – 10 years of residential construction field supervisory experience.
- 10+ years of overall construction experience, preferably in high-performance residential and/or a mixture of Residential/Commercial.
- Construction experience must include expertise in construction materials and techniques, takeoffs and estimating, and understanding of building codes.
- A working knowledge of green building technologies, Green Point Rated, and LEED rated buildings is a plus. Ability to develop, design and maintain overall schedule for a project as well as a 3-week rolling schedule.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Maintain Daily Log reporting.
- In consultation with the Construction Manager, hire and manage hourly employees through completion of project.
- Proven ability to coordinate materials, equipment, and labor resources.
- Experience with light gauge steel construction is very helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proven time management skills.
- Proficient with computers, Word, Excel, and FastTrack Schedule Office applications.
- Valid California Driver’s License with a clean DMV record.
- Spanish language skills a plus!
- CPR/First Aid certified (or must complete certification within 3 months of employment).
We are an equal opportunity employer offering very competitive salary plus a benefit package, including health care insurance and PTO, and an ESOP after 2 years of employment.
We are particularly interested in persons who want to advance to higher level, higher paid positions and are willing to learn the skills and gain the experience to do so. We are strong believers in continuing your education while you are working at Healthy Buildings.
About our company – Healthy Buildings
Healthy Buildings Construction Group, Inc. is a forward thinking Design-Build firm specializing in very healthy and very green, new homes, condos, apartments and townhomes that utilize our proprietary OTECHNOLOGY™ to build “greener, faster and healthier.” Our projects include single family and multi-family projects.
The company’s founders and executive leadership have been practicing green building technology since 1983. We function as a fully integrated team, in an environment that fosters collaboration, and research & development of new technologies. We believe in continually expanding our knowledge base and our professional education. To that end the best members of our team like to think outside the box, and have flexible, creative minds.
You may learn more about our company here, at hbusa.net, or here: thrivingcommunities.com
In all of this we have two main goals… to improve the world by creating a better built environment … for anyone, anywhere… and to have fun doing it.
If you appreciate and understand the challenging balancing act of being a successful Superintendent, and meet these requirements, we’d like to hear from you!
Send resume and salary history to email@example.com. The position is open immediately.